Welcome to the show notes for Discussed It, a podcast where myself, Herbie Hudson and my co-host Hayden Day discuss a little about a lot. Read ahead for a written breakdown of each podcast episode, photos, links and bonus content that didn’t make the cut for the podcast. Happy reading and if you want to check out the podcast where myself and Hayden Day discuss a little about a lot, follow the links below.
You can listen by clicking play above or by searching Discussed It Inception on your favourite podcast players such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Deezer and many more.
Welcome to the show notes for the seventh episode of the Discussed It podcast. We are very excited to invite our third guest onto our podcast, Rafael Spajic. Rafael is a street football player from Croatia and over the course of his career has become very successful in his field. Rafael has secured 3rd place in the 1vs1 European Championships and 3rd place in the World Cup 3vs3. He is also the founder of Pannalicious, a street football training website. I hope you enjoy listening to our conversation as we touch on a range of topics throughout our time together.
We will also be finishing off the show with our ‘Thing’ of the Week, where Rafael will be letting us know what ‘Thing’ he has found interesting and exciting and is happy to share with Hayden and I. Make sure you stick around for that!
Within this episode, we:
- Talk to Rafel Spajic, an international street footballer who travels the world competing and performing.
- Discuss our ‘Thing Of The Week’
- and much more…
Below I have outlined the general gist of the questions that we asked Rafael to answer. However, throughout the episode, we go slightly off-piste with the conversation but we cover a range of topics that relate both directly to Rafael’s journey and sport in general.
If you fancy finding out what Rafael’s insightful and interesting comments in reply to these questions then head over to this podcast episode and give it a listen. You won’t regret it! We go off on quite a few tangents in this week’s discussion so to hear answers to those bonus questions that arose go and give the episode a listen.
- Would you be able to tell us a bit more about yourself, where you’re from and what is that you do?
- Tell us about the journey within the younger years. At what age did you move from Switzerland to Croatia and how did you feel that move affected your life?
- From there can you take us through the following years in which football became such a big part of your life?
- What was it that made you lean towards street football rather than 11-a-side?
- Who was your inspiration in terms of street football was it someone already playing within the game or someone who played in a different configuration of football?
- Motivation is so important to be able to compete at the very highest level, how do you keep yourself motivated and hungry for that end goal?
- What is your end goal, what is it you want to achieve?
- How would you describe your style of play? (3 words)
- What do you do to relax outside of training? Can it be a struggle to get that balance?
- What would you say is your greatest achievement so far?
- Following on from that what would you say is your favourite memory of football? This could be you playing or watching football? (most memorable)
- Do you enjoy watching all forms of football or do you lean towards watching one kind more than another?
- You are quoted saying that ‘regular soccer has become so robotic’, do you feel that street football allows for more creativity and freedom?
- Do you have any advice for someone who wishes to give street football a go?
- Do you think it practising skills required for street football can be transferred to regular 11-a-side football?
- We see you have worked in association with a number of clubs and companies such as Coca-Cola, how have these opportunities come about and what has been your favourite?
- How would you like to be remembered?
‘Thing’ Of The Week
As I am sure you know by now within this section of the podcast each of us will choose their favourite thing that we have seen over the week. This could be absolutely anything ranging from a product, food, architect etc. that has stuck in our minds. Most probably our ‘thing’ of the week will be utterly useless to yourself, but you never know. Of course, when we have a guest on the show we love to invite them to join us in this recurring segment. Read ahead to see what the three of us come up with and see whether you would be interested in any of them.
To kick off the proceedings I will reveal Rafael’s ‘Thing Of The Week’. He chose to give us two ‘Things’ Of The Week but in a rather unorthodox way which I like. He chose a positive and negative ‘Thing’ Of The Week. The first was the recollection of the incredible backheel assist by Karim Benzema to Casimero to give Real Madrid the win over Espanyol. Follow the link if you fancy giving this goal a watch.
Rafael’s second ‘Thing’ was less positive and is the unfortunate rise of COVID-19 cases in the city that Rafael is currently residing in. We hope that the situation improves and our hearts go out to anyone affected.
My ‘Thing Of The Week’ was a sport that I have been introduced to this week. This sport is windsurfing which is a combination of surfing and sailing and I have a friend who will be taking me out and showing me the ropes. In preparation for this experience, I have been watching YouTube videos to try and grasp some of the basics but we shall see how it goes.
And to finish off this week’s ‘Thing’ Of The Week segment we have Hayden. Hayden’s ‘Thing’ was in fact “Manchester United” and this is thanks to the successful return of the United football team in the Premier League. Hayden is enjoying this string of positive results and I think he is less nervous in the team’s abilities at the moment. Long shall it last!
And, that wraps our episode featuring our third guest. Hayden and I thoroughly enjoyed having Rafael on the show and I am sure we will have him back on the podcast.
I hope that the show notes have provided a further layer of communication between the two of us and you, our listeners, by providing additional information, but I’m sure it won’t beat listening to us chat away first hand. We hope that you enjoyed listening and will consider subscribing and making the Discussed It podcast a part of your weekly routine.
Happy listening, everyone!